SAQA ID: 61595 | FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION SERVICES, NQF LEVEL 4: 140 CREDITS
The AACA Business administration online course, involves the performance, management, and administrative functions of business operations. The course expands on the key areas of business administration. These include but are not limited to business, accounting, marketing, human resources, and secretarial functions. Business administration offers a variety of different topics that students can specialize in. Whichever direction they choose, a theoretical context in business is observed, then the opportunity to put the theory into practice. In this way, students learn to organize, and plan activities in real business administration situations.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the discipline of Business administration. It is suitable for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the administration function within any industry, or non-commercial venture/organization.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: One Year
Number of Lessons: +/- 80
The one-year online course, is delivered in 4 cycles. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of gaining knowledge and skills in the management of records, comprehension of written and verbal texts, business writing, problem solving, ethics, cultural awareness, self-management and self-development, project teamwork and business policies and procedures.
Students are able to;
• Explore the core skills and essential industry insights required to begin or advance rewarding careers in high-level business administration.
• Gain broad knowledge, skills and values needed in the administration field for all business and non-commercial sectors and will facilitate access to, and mobility and progression within, education and training.
The AACA course has been designed for those already working in an office environment, or perhaps looking to begin a new career in an administrative capacity.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Curriculum Vitae
• Competence in Communication, Mathematics and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Work and Career Orientation
• Business Communication and Report Writing
• Administration: Fundamentals of Administrative Management
• Finance for Office Administrators: Managing Finance: Maths Literacy
• Customer Care: Build and Maintain Effective Customer Relations
• The Business Environment: Professional Office Conduct
• Human Resource Management
• Performance Management: Professional Secretarial Conduct
• Time, Stress and Crisis Management
• Assess, Manage and Monitor Risks
• Starting a Business
• Effective Marketing
• Managing Resources
• Computer Proficiency
• Managing External Stakeholders
• Bookkeeping for Secretaries
SAQA ID 61595: NQF Level 4 – Further Education And Training Certificate: Business Administration Services:140 Credits
AACA certificate of completion.
- Personal/Executive Assistant
- Relationship Manager
- Executive Secretary and Receptionist
- Basic Contracts Administrator
- Business Administrator
On completion of the course, the student is able to specialize in areas of administration such as reception, executive administration, financial literacy, relationship management, banking administration, legal knowledge, communication, secretarial services, switchboard operations, financial administration, banking Administration, personal/executive assistant services, data capturing, systems administration, human resources administration, project administration and support, call centre administration and human resources.