SAQA ID: 36436 | NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, NQF LEVEL 4: 163 CREDITS
People hear the word “economics” and think it is all about money. Economics is not just about money. It is about weighing different choices or alternatives. We make all kinds of choices on a daily basis. How much should I spend on petrol? What is the best route to work? Where should we go for dinner? Which career should I go for? Which politician should I vote for when they all claim they can improve the economy.
The AACA economic studies online course, is a hybridized field in which students are trained in macro and micro economics. This course is designed for a new generation of authentic visionaries who share a passion for world issues, economic growth and social mobility. The program is intensive and we strive to educate, train and mentor our students to become leading experts in their field. This is achieved by a rigorous hands-on approach. The purpose of this course is to analyse current and emerging economic issues facing the world, it centres on ideas to achieve broad-based economic growth, a strong labour market, sound fiscal and monetary policy, economic opportunity and social mobility.
Economic Studies contains a variety of topics that aim to increase understanding of how the economy works, what can be done to make it work better, how to help organize, focus, and leverage the major functions of the economy.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the economic studies discipline.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: One Year
Number of Lessons: +/- 80
The one-year online course, is delivered in 4 cycles. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of gaining knowledge and skills about economic development strategies. These include economic aspects (growth in jobs, income, business activity, etc.), development (need for structural change, quality of development, etc.) and the needs of the local community (poverty reduction, satisfying basic human needs, integrated social and environmental objectives)
On completion of this course, students will have the required knowledge of and insight into the nature of economic development and the role that local government plays in it. It lays the foundation for developing applied competence in economic development practice.
Students will be equipped with the skills of identifying the key values and frames of reference necessary for good governance of their own economic development.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Curriculum Vitae
• Competence in Communication, Mathematical and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3.
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Introduction to Economics
• Economics Classification
• Economic Analysis and Laws
• Demand and Supply
• Introduction to Business Economics
• Decision Making Process in Business
• Price determination in different markets
• Perfect Competition
• Monopoly Market
• Budget and Budget Line
• Elasticity of Demand
• Cost and Revenue
• Situating the theory and practice of economic development in a range of relevant contexts.
• Explaining the application of economic development of some basic economics and public administration and management principles as well as socio-economic theories of development.
• Communicating verbally and in writing using a variety of formats with a range of stakeholders and role players in economic development.
• Explaining the application of the project cycle and a variety of research methodologies in the economic development environment.
• Working with a range of budgeting and financial management principles in the context of economic development projects.
SAQA ID: 36436: NQF Level 4 – National Certificate: Local Economic Development:163 Credits
AACA certificate of completion.
- Financial risk analyst
- Data analyst
- Financial planner
- Economic researcher
- Financial consultant
- Investment analyst