SAQA ID: 104528 | HIGHER CERTIFICATE IN EVENTS MANAGEMENT, NQF LEVEL 5: 120 CREDITS
Events are an extremely exciting industry to work in. They are vibrate, flexible and ever changing because each event is unique to the client. Events management is the art of monitoring an event from beginning to end. It is a skill that requires an innovation, creativity, precision, planning and time management. The AACA event management online course is designed to provide the practical skills necessary to plan and execute large-scale events. The course focuses on project management techniques, communication skills, branding, coordination, execution of events in various industries and most importantly the art of planning.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
AACA understands the importance of practicals in the discpline of event management, that’s why the lessons are integrated with guided-practicals, projects, quarterly masterclasses, simulated work experience and camps, where the students all get together to amplify their event management skill set. In addition, they connect, network and grow, under the supervision of industry professionals
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the discipline of event management.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: One Year
Number of Lessons: +/- 80
The one-year online course, is delivered in 4 cycles. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of gaining both practical and theoretical skills which will afford them with competency in the events sector enabling them to adapt well to international event settings.
Students gain a wide understanding of event management operations which includes, the use of technology in the events industry. They are able to understand processes and practices involved in executing, monitoring and controlling an event project.
The curriculum is prepared by experts in the events industry and delivered by successful events professionals themselves. The AACA course gives you the edge when establishing a career in events management.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Curriculum Vitae
• Competence in Communication, Mathematics and Computer literacy at NQF Level 4
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Event Planning and Management: An Introduction
• Event Types
• Services and Specializations
• Process of Event Planning: Preliminary Steps to Plan an Event
• Creating an Event Management Plan
• Customer Service as a Marketing Strategy
• Contingency Plan
• Event Evaluation
• Preparing for Your Career
• Getting Hired
• Starting an Event Planning Business: Starting Your Own Business
• Getting Clients
• Marketing and Communication
• Events Administration and Operations
• Principles of Financial Management
• Applied Events Management
• Management Principles
SAQA ID 104528: NQF Level 5 – Higher Certificate in Events Management:120 Credits
AACA certificate of completion.
- Conference organisers
- Event management companies
- Promotional companies
- Event and conference venues
- Convention and visitors’ bureaus
- Wedding and party planners
- Exhibition venues and services
- Incentive planners
- Fund raising and charity organisations
- Event management consultant
- Event management business owners