UNIT STANDARD BASED SHORT COURSE
The AACA Marketing Management online short course will equip the students with skills of managing marketing activities and resources of a company. The course explores ample topics ranging from marketing principals to consumer decision making. It encompasses detailed content on the significance of branding in addition to unpacking international marketing.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the discipline of Marketing and Communication.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: Six Months
Number of Lessons: +/- 40
The short course, is delivered in 6 months. The student is taken through an exciting experience of developing knowledge and skills that are required in all sub-sectors of marketing management. This short course will provide opportunities for students to move up the value chain.
The short course is designed to provide students with the appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes to effectively pursue a career in marketing.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• Curriculum Vitae
• Competence in Communication, Mathematics and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Nature and importance of marketing in the organisation and the application of various principles of marketing concepts to an organisation situation.
• Marketing environment and various variables from the environment that impact on the marketing plans.
• Fundamental understanding of consumer behaviours, factors that influence the buying process both in consumer and industrial buying.
• Concepts of market segmentation, target marketing and positioning and various methods used to accomplish this.
• Various informational needs of marketing management, the sources of marketing information and techniques for measuring market demand.
• Components of the marketing mix (Range: product, price, place and promotion) and a critical understanding of the marketing mix controllables in the marketing process and marketing strategy.
• Necessity for marketing planning in the achievement of organisational objectives and the tasks of management associated with the implementation of marketing plans.
• On completion of the above mentioned marketing management modules, the student will be awarded a unit standard based certificate encompassing the following unit standards extracted from, SAQA ID: 67464,NQF Level 4 Further Education And Training Certificate: Marketing 139 Credits;
1) Core :252201 :Apply marketing team work strategies :NQF Level 4 :Credits 4
2) Core :252202 : Deal with brand, product and service promotions :NQF Level 04 :Credits 4
3) Core :252211 : Demonstrate an understanding of the competitive environment and product positioning :NQF Level 04 :Credits 6
4) Core: 252197: Identify and use marketing resources to meet objectives: NQF Level 04 :Credits 4
5) Core : 252194 : Meet marketing performance standards :NQF Level 04 :Credits 4
6) Core :252204 : Monitor marketing information flow and collect and process marketing data :NQF Level 04 :Credits 4
• AACA certificate of completion.
- Marketing Assistant
- Sales Representative
- Executive Assistant
- Sales Representative
- Marketing Research Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Product Managers
- Public Relations Managers
- Category Managers
- Database Administrators
- Marketing Directors
- Brand Managers
- Brand Assistants