SAQA ID: 21131| CERTIFICATE: INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY |NQF LEVEL 5|120 CREDITS
Psychology is the study of the mind. It is the study of discipline and applied science, seeking a method to understand individuals and groups through general principles. The courses most principal tools are application, critical thinking and case studies to diagnose issues. Psychology has many practical applications outside of academic research, including uses in therapy, education, business, and many other areas.
Applied psychology involves the use of psychological results and methods to solve behaviour problems. Finally, areas influenced by the application of this discipline include mental health, ergonomics, business administration, education, and law. Psychology is offered in combination themes, with a variety of subjects, including but not limited to criminology, criminal investigation, forensic science, sociology, social anthropology, social care, philosophy, Biology, zoology, animal behaviour, environmental science, education, childhood studies, child development and counselling.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the discipline of Psychology.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: One Year
Number of Lessons: +/- 80
The one-year online course is delivered in 4 cycles. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of gaining knowledge of the general principles of psychology, thereby equipping students with the ability to have insight into human behavior. On completion of this course, the students will be able to understand how human behavior in the workplace affects performance of a company, a department or a team.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Grade 12 or Matric or Equivalent
• Curriculum Vitae
• Communication and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Identifying and solving problems in which responses display that responsible decisions using critical and creative thinking have been made.
• Interacting effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organisation and community.
• Organising and managing one’s time and activities responsibly and effectively.
• Collecting, analysing, organising and critically evaluate information.
• Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation.
• Use science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health of others.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that the problem-solving context does not exist in isolation
• Historical and theoretical foundations
• Work motivation
• Organisation and job design
• Leadership styles, participation and communication
• Groups in work organisations
• Management of organisation development and change.
SAQA ID: 21131: NQF LEVEL 5-Certificate: Industrial Psychology:120 Credits
• AACA certificate of completion
- Clinical psychologist
- Counselling psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Industrial or organisational psychologist
- Research psychologist
- Forensic psychologist