UNIT STANDARD BASED SHORT COURSE.
SAQA ID: 259886 | CONDUCT SALES AND SUPPORT SERVICES, NQF LEVEL 4:16 CREDITS
The Sales course focuses on developing sales techniques that will ensure successful sales, increase sales capacity and referrals, develop confidence and deliver great customer service. The AACA sales online short course covers topics such as the ability to develop successful prospecting sales skills, building resilience, flexibility and manage rejection. It is designed to help students perfect the different closing techniques in order to nail sales deals, improve productivity techniques and strengthen their self-management skills.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the sales discipline.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: Three Months
Number of Lessons: +/- 30
The short course, is delivered in 3 months. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of conducting sales in a specific industry by presenting the products and services to the customer in such a way that is conducive to a successful sale.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• Curriculum Vitae
• Competence in Communication, Mathematical and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Identification of early buying signals
• Ability to develop successful prospecting sales skills.
• Building resilience.
• Flexibility and managing rejection
• Negotiation and agreements regarding the terms and conditions of the sale.
• Preparing quotations according to organisational standard policies and procedures
• Handling and dealing with customer objections and concerns: Customer care and behavior.
• Description of the current state of a specific industry.
• Closing the deal and obtaining customer commitment.
On completion of this course, a learner will be awarded;
• A unit standard based certificate: SAQA ID: 259886: NQF Level 4 – Conduct Sales And Support Services:120 Credits
• AACA certificate of completion.
- Sales Representative
- Sales Executive
- Sales Consultant
- Sales Manager
- Field Sales Representatives
- Brand ambassador
- Sales Agents
- Sales and marketing consultant