SAQA ID: 23993 | FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: SOCIAL AUXILIARY WORK | NQF LEVEL 4 | 180 CREDITS
The AACA Social work online course focuses on teaching students how to help those in need through community programs, counselling, and support groups. Social workers sometimes spend their time helping families get out of the vicious cycle of poverty. As well as helping people to free themselves from their addiction or advising people with mental illness.
The course is designed with the same intensity and quality as our on-campus learning, with the added flexibility of studying from anywhere in the world. Making use of the latest technologies in virtual learning, we are able to deliver to you the experience that makes AACA the best. The lessons are delivered though our App and live online class lectures.
This course is perfect for anyone, young or old, student or employed, passionate about the social work discipline.
Course Start Date: 25/01/2021
Duration: One Year
Number of Lessons: +/- 80
The one-year online course is delivered in 4 cycles. Each cycle offers a unique approach and is designed to take the student through an exciting experience of;
• Gaining basic knowledge and an understanding of the South African context within which social services function and are delivered.
• Understanding of social development in terms of the needs, policies and the role of the social auxiliary worker.
• Gaining basic knowledge of human behavior, relationship systems and social issues and the ability to address social needs using appropriate social auxiliary work methods and techniques.
• Acquiring the skills to work as a team member and as a provider of support services to the social work team.
a) Minimum Qualification Requirements
• ID or Valid Passport
• Proof of residence
• Grade 11 or Matric or Equivalent
• Curriculum Vitae
• Communication and Computer literacy at NQF Level 3
b) Course Requirements
• Internet connection
• Identifying and solving problems using creative thinking.
• Working effectively with others as a member of a team, group, organisation and community.
• Organising and managing oneself and one`s activities responsibly and effectively.
• Collecting, analysing, organising and evaluating information.
• Communicating effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation.
• Demonstrating cultural and aesthetic sensitivity in dealings with clients, colleagues and communities.
• Demonstratin an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognising that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation.
• Demonstrating ethical and professional behaviour.
• Laying the foundation for life-long learning and ongoing competency.
SAQA ID: 23993: NQF LEVEL 4-Further Education And Training Certificate: Social Auxiliary Work:180 Credits
• AACA certificate of completion
- Child Welfare Social Workers.
- Direct-Service Social Worker
- Gerontology Social Worker.
- Medical/Public Health Social Worker
- Mental Health Social Worker
- Palliative & Hospice Care Social Workers
- Research Social Worker
- School Social Worker